On behalf of the patients, families and the Special Patients’ Events committee, we thank you for your interest in providing a special event at our center.
The Special Patients’ Events committee is responsible for reviewing all special event applications and ensuring that approved events comply with the guidelines.
This committee is comprised of representatives from the CCCL Administration, and CCCL Child Life department.
Here are some suggestions your group can help add fun times for CCCL patients and families.
These activities can be enjoyed by all ages and can be done one time or become an ongoing event.
Please note that our children are sick and we never know how many will feel like attending the event: but please don’t let this discourage you!
You can expect anywhere between 2-30 patients to attend most events.
Please read the below and finally fill in the form and Submit!
A member from the CCCL will contact you within 5 working days of submitting the form.
Policies and Guidelines
- All guests need to be at least 18 years old
- Group size is limited to 4-5 people; as not to be overwhelming to the patients.
- Please limit the length of presentations to 30-45 minutes; and create ways for patients to become actively involved
- Any person exposed to contagious diseases (chicken pox, shingles, hepatitis, measles, mumps, pink eye, etc.) in the past four weeks or had flu-like symptoms (vomiting, rash, fever, diarrhea, etc.) in the past two weeks or fever of 38 degrees Celsius on the day of the event is asked NOT to visit. For children with weak immune systems, even a cold can be life-threatening.
- Your interest and concern for our patients must be limited to the center’s visit. Please do not exchange phone numbers or addresses. CONFIDENTIALITY IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE. Please do not make promises to a child, for you do not know if they can be fulfilled.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for children in a hospital. No shorts, tank tops, low-cut blouses, or sandals.
What can you get?
- Check out our Wish List
- Toys or favors will be screened in advance for safety and appropriateness.
- Make sure they are all CE approved.
- Stuffed animals and used items cannot be accepted due to patients’ health conditions.
- Please do not bring latex balloons, candles, knives, toy guns, water guns or other unsafe materials. Please avoid items that are small enough to go into a mouth or anything with small removable pieces. Moreover, face painting and balloon’s animation is prohibited.
- Due to patients’ dietary restrictions, please DO NOT BRING FOOD into the hospital, as it will not be distributed.
Media and Photos
- Media coverage of events is discouraged, since it can create more stress for patients and families. If media coverage is requested, please explain why.
- Your group may NOT take photographs or videos during the visit because of patient confidentiality issues.
- The CCCL will take photos/footage and then send you approved photos/footage for use.
- The presentation should be religiously, politically, ethnically and culturally neutral (includes gifts, pamphlets, jewelry, T-shirts and other items distributed or worn by the group) because we have patients from many different backgrounds. Presentations should not contain threatening themes such as death, medical procedures/personnel, and illness.
- The activity needs to be well-planned and have educational, inspirational or entertainment value to our patients.
- Frequent hand washing is very important when working with patients. Please wash your hands for a minimum of 10 seconds using soap and water both before and after each patient contact.
- A Child Life representative will be assigned to host each group throughout the visit.
Activity SuggestionsThere are many activities the patients and families at the Children’s Cancer Center of Lebanon (CCCL) enjoy! We have suggestions to help you plan your activity, but we also love to hear your creative ideas!
- Craft activity party
Plan crafts for children and teens ages 2-18. Provide the idea and supplies; then help the patients and families exercise their creativity.
- Singing performance of children’s songs
Plan a performance of songs children love or musical instruments playing
- Game party
Plan a party so patients and families can have fun interacting as they play games for prizes
- Puppet show
Plan a puppet show or story time so patients and families can enjoy some fun time together as they would at home
- Animation Show
Plan an animation show .Patients enjoy playing and dancing with cartoon characters (Barney-Mickey mouse, Hello Kitty, Dora, Spiderman…)
- Magic Show
Organize a magic show. Patients enjoy watching and participating in a magic show. Be careful animals and fire tricks are forbidden.
- Craft supply baskets
Pick a craft and make a basket including all supplies necessary to complete the project
- Stationery kits
Create a kit that includes stamps, stationery paper, pens with different colors of ink, pencils, stickers, cardboards etc
Sponsor one of our birthday events that is celebrated each month at our center, by getting birthday gifts for patients born during that month.